I'm Nihad Awad and I approve this message
As-salaamu alaykum (peace be to you),
CAIR is making your voice and vote count. For more than a year now, CAIR has worked to expand the impact of today's American Muslim votes.
CAIR and its national network of chapters have provided the Muslim community with a number of items through its "Muslims Vote" campaign.
As just a snapshot of our work, CAIR:
- Mobilized tens of thousands of voters through a national get-out-the-vote (GOTV) campaign. Twenty chapters worked on contacting the almost 500,000 names in CAIR's American Muslim registered voter database. CAIR-Dallas alone contacted nearly 8,000 Muslim households.
- Conducted more than 175 voter registration drives, registering thousands of new Muslim voters. Just one chapter, CAIR-Tampa, registered more than 1,000 new voters.
- Activated Muslim volunteers across the nation to educate their communities, register new voters, get out the vote, host a candidate forum, or join a campaign.
- Distributed more than 18,000 printed and 70,000 electronic copies of CAIR's presidential and state voter guides to ensure that American Muslims are knowledgeable about the candidates and their positions, and know how to register, how to vote as an absentee voter and how to know when polls are open and what ID is required.
- Commissioned a national survey of registered Muslim voters, titled "American Muslim Voters and the 2012 Election: A Demographic Profile and Survey of Attitudes," providing a detailed picture of American Muslim voters.
- Partnered with the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) as part of its efforts to empower minority voters and encouraged Muslims to join ADC's voter protection unit.
- Initiated the Twitter hashtag #MuslimsVote to focus on niche news relating to Muslims and the election and to attract Muslims under the age of 30 who -- like all Americans of that age -- are under-represented on voter rolls.
As we wait for the results, I hope you will see that CAIR did the work that brings results for American Muslims. If you agree, please take a moment and give what you can to support our work.
Thank you for your support and may Allah bless and protect you and your family.
CAIR National Executive Director
Please send this appeal to your friends and family, and share on social media. All contributions to CAIR are both tax-deductible and zakat-eligible.
To learn more about us, visit our website to see our vision, mission and core principles as well as CAIR at-a-glance detailing information about CAIR. You can also read about CAIR national board and key staff and see the leaders of each of our chapters.
Council on American-Islamic Relations
453 New Jersey Ave, S.E., Washington, D.C., 20003
Council on American-Islamic Relations Copyright © 2012. All rights reserved