Sheikh Riyâd al-Musaymîrî, professor at al-Imâm University in Riyadh
You should try to convince your parents to look for a pious wife for you. You may tell your parents of your need for marriage.
This is the best solution. Meanwhile, pending such developments, there are some helpful methods that will turn the discomfort which a Muslim faces into an opportunity for Allah’s reward by showing patience.
1. Increase your voluntary worship, such as Sunnah prayers, al-Dûhâ prayer and the night prayer. Give more attention to supplication ( du`â’) while prostrating. Asking Allah to guide you, protect you, and keep you safe.
There are some supplications taught by our Prophet (peace be upon him). You should memorize them by heart and use them from time to time while being alone.
Moreover, fasting whenever possible has special effects over bad behavior and controls desire. Fasting removes troublesome thoughts and cultivates noble ones.
2. Read more of the Holy Qur’an with its commentary. You may use a translation if you do not know Arabic.
3. Invite others to Allah more effectively within your own house and in the nearby Islamic centers. This will increase your faith and prevent you from evil inclinations.
4. Do your reading or studying while sitting together with your family or in the company of other men. Avoid being alone in order to prevent Satan from inserting bad thinking into your mind.
5. Always stay away from enticing things, such as television broadcasts, music, going out unnecessarily, and viewing magazines even if they might appear innocent and non-sexual.
6. Capitalize on your time by increasing your Islamic knowledge. Visiting quality Islamic websites such as Islamtoday.net, as this site was established to strengthen brotherhood and solidarity among Muslims, spread the message of the Salaf all over the world, and advise all Muslims. The people in charge of this site welcome you as permanent guest.
You are not sinful for having such thoughts, but I advice you to try and control them and not let them control you. Giving in to such thoughts may lead sometimes to situations that we do not like.
I pray to Allah to protect you and keep you firm and steadfast on the religion.
Source: Islam Today