The sponsors of a multi-million rupee project in south India have promised attractive returns for investors among the Kerala expatriates in the Kingdom.
The project, Markaz Knowledge City (MKC), located at Kaithappoyil in Kozhikode district of Kerala state, is in its first phase of construction and is expected to be completed by 2015.
It is a three-phased project expected to be completed by 2020, according to Mohamed Shamshad, marketing manager of Landmark, the project builder.
“It will create 35,000 job opportunities directly and the city as a whole will give additional 25,000 jobs indirectly,” Shamshad told Arab News.
There will be an IT park built on a 1.25 million square feet area, he added.
Indian expatriates returning home will be given preference for employment in the city, as part of Jamia Markaz’s expatriate rehabilitation plan, he added .
Markaz Knowledge City (MKC) is one of the biggest education-focused integrated cities in South India and Kozhikode’s most futuristic residential-cum-commercial township project, spread on a vast lush green scenic land. It offers special exclusive facilities for higher education, health, IT, business, and lifestyle in a very “moral and friendly” environment, he said.
MKC will function with the support of Jamia Markaz, a charitable religious institution in India led by renowned scholar Sheikh Aboobaker Ahammed and as a gift to the community on its 35th anniversary.
The city is developed by Kerala’s Calicut Landmark Builders and Developers India Pvt. Ltd.
The project includes international school, college of graduate studies, engineering college, IT park-SEZ, business school, law college, Unani medical college, multi-specialty hospital, shopping mall, hotel, convention center and apartments.
He said 80 percent of the project land would be reserved for educational facilities and the remaining 20 percent for commercial purposes, which will draw financial support for the educational core.
The educational core, which promotes integrated moral and modern higher education, is developed by Jamia Markaz through donations from its well-wishers and philanthropists.
Reproduced with permission from Arab News